Translation of den in Spanish:
- 1.1 (lair) the lion's denla guarida del leóna fox's denuna zorrera or raposeraExample sentences1.2 (of thieves) a den of (vice and) iniquity
un antro de (vicio y) perdiciónExample sentences1.3 (room) [colloquial]
- North American river otters build dens in the burrows of other mammals, in natural hollows, such as under a log, or in river banks.
- Inhabiting thick, wooded country and arid, shrubby areas, jaguars often make their dens in caves, or under overhanging rocks.
- The pups emerged from their protective den, pawing the earth in celebration.
Example sentences1.4 (of Cub Scouts)
- Bombed-out buildings house dens of illicit commerce, while bridges and river banks swarm with a second society.
- The City had obtained search warrants for various sites suspected of being dens of criminal activity, said communication's officer for the city.
- George and Tony took the gang back to their secret den to discuss what to do next.
- So I looked on other shelves in the living room, in the den, in the bedroom, and in my office downstairs.
- These are the privileged few who had intimate meetings with the candidates in corporate suites and the private dens of the super rich.
- Another flight of stairs leads to a good sized attic room which could suit a variety of uses - a den, games room, home office or perhaps a teenager's bedroom.
grupo (masculine)Example sentences
- Cub Scouting members join a Cub Scout pack and are assigned to a den, usually a neighborhood group of six to eight boys.
- Once a month, all of the dens and family members gather for a pack meeting under the direction of a Cubmaster and pack committee.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.