Translation of denaturalize in Spanish:
- 1 (make unnatural)Example sentences
- In these texts, confrontations between human and other are ripe with possibilities for denaturalizing the boundaries and allegiances which infuse traditional depictions of the human/non-human dichotomy.
- Rankine strips her subject of all sentimentality, denaturalizing the notion of familial, ‘unslakable resemblance.’
- Hill, accordingly, denaturalizes the figurines through humor and photographic manipulation - in effect remaking the toys as the extra-terrestrials he imagined them to be.
- 2 (deprive of citizenship)cancelar or retirar la nacionalidad aExample sentences
- And while there are undoubtedly organizations that hate the U.S. and mean harm to Americans, there is no legal basis for denaturalizing Americans merely because they're accused of belonging to such groups.
- McCarran recommended the deployment of the McCarran-Walter Act of 1952, which deported and denaturalized migrant workers whose leaders were found guilty of so-called subversive activities.
- He can also be denaturalised if the Home Secretary considers that ‘it is not conducive to the public good that the person should continue to be a citizen of the UK’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to