Translation of denim in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (fabric)tela (feminine) vaquera or de jeans
mezclilla (feminine) (Chile) (Mexico)Example sentences
- He was wearing a pair of dark navy blue denim jeans, and a grey dress shirt that exactly matched the stormy shade of his eyes.
- She was wearing blue jeans, denim jacket, dark brown wig and was carrying a sports bag.
- He was wearing a blue jacket with white piping, blue denim jeans and either blue or black and white trainers.
- 2also: denims plural[colloquial] 2.1 (jeans)vaqueros (masculine plural)
jeans (masculine plural)
tejanos (masculine plural)
bluyines (masculine plural) (Andes)
pantalones (masculine plural) de mezclilla (Mexico)Example sentences2.2 (overalls) (American English)
pantalón (masculine) de peto
- Everybody noticed at school that her style had changed from baggy old jeans to denims and her shirts weren't as tight and small as they had once been.
- He was in his early twenties, dressed in denims and a lumberjack shirt.
- The blonde boy looked just as stunning as he believed when he entered the community lounge clad in a halfway unbuttoned, black satin shirt with silver buttons, skin-tight black denims and dark suede boots.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.