Translation of denim in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (fabric)tela (feminine) vaquera or de jeansExample sentences
- He was wearing a pair of dark navy blue denim jeans, and a grey dress shirt that exactly matched the stormy shade of his eyes.
- She was wearing blue jeans, denim jacket, dark brown wig and was carrying a sports bag.
- He was wearing a blue jacket with white piping, blue denim jeans and either blue or black and white trainers.
- 2also: denims plural[colloquial] 2.1 (jeans)2.2 (overalls)vaqueros (masculine plural)tejanos (masculine plural)bluyines (masculine plural) (Andes)Example sentences
- Everybody noticed at school that her style had changed from baggy old jeans to denims and her shirts weren't as tight and small as they had once been.
- He was in his early twenties, dressed in denims and a lumberjack shirt.
- The blonde boy looked just as stunning as he believed when he entered the community lounge clad in a halfway unbuttoned, black satin shirt with silver buttons, skin-tight black denims and dark suede boots.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.