Translation of denim in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (fabric) tela (feminine) vaquera or de jeans, mezclilla (feminine) (Chile) (Mexico/México) ; (before noun/delante del nombre) [jacket/skirt] vaquero, tejano (Spain/España) , de mezclilla (Chile) (Mexico/México)Example sentences
- He was wearing a pair of dark navy blue denim jeans, and a grey dress shirt that exactly matched the stormy shade of his eyes.
- She was wearing blue jeans, denim jacket, dark brown wig and was carrying a sports bag.
- He was wearing a blue jacket with white piping, blue denim jeans and either blue or black and white trainers.
- 2(denims plural)[colloquial/familiar] 2.1 (jeans) vaqueros (masculine plural), jeans (masculine plural), tejanos (masculine plural), bluyines (masculine plural) (Andes) , pantalones (masculine plural) de mezclilla (Mexico/México) 2.2 (overalls) (American English/inglés norteamericano) pantalón (masculine) de peto, mono (masculine), overol (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina)Example sentences
- Everybody noticed at school that her style had changed from baggy old jeans to denims and her shirts weren't as tight and small as they had once been.
- He was in his early twenties, dressed in denims and a lumberjack shirt.
- The blonde boy looked just as stunning as he believed when he entered the community lounge clad in a halfway unbuttoned, black satin shirt with silver buttons, skin-tight black denims and dark suede boots.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an