Translation of denomination in Spanish:
- 1 (Religion)Example sentences
- The Council is an organisation for Christian churches of all denominations in the city.
- The main Christian denominations have established fine churches in the town and congregations not only hold services but are involved in community care.
- The Protestant and Roman Catholic churches are the main Christian denominations.
- The first three articles in this issue reflect upon components of social action within religious denominations or local congregations.
- People are people, across denominations and religions.
- I argue that, in addition to organizational dynamics, the analogy of family relationships may also be fruitful for understanding gender in modern religious denominations.
- 2 2.1 (of currency) bills in $10 and $20 denominations2.2 (of system of measures)billetes de 10 y 20 dólaresExample sentences
- When the Euro was introduced, the denominations of the coins and the banknotes had to create some sort of compromise between the monetary habits of the various European countries.
- The larger denomination coins and the notes are being spent but the vast majority of opinion regards them as having little spending power.
- The Central Bank had earlier withdrawn the highest denomination banknote to also stop hoarding.
- 3 (heading) [formal]Example sentences
- One of the first denominations it had was Korinthos, but this name would change depending on different invaders and on who was in control of the town at different given periods.
- Although at first the area received other denominations, this geographical characteristic finally inspired the actual name.
- Its frame of coconut trees on either side, a title at the top and denomination at the base, is inverted, making it a highly prized specimen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.