Translation of denounce in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (inform against) denunciar they denounced him to the police as a thief lo denunciaron a la policía por ladrónExample sentences1.2 (censure) [action/attitude] denunciar
- An informer who denounces someone to the government to be killed, imprisoned, or even fined is likened to an assailant, since being arrested can be a dangerous and traumatic experience.
- What if the secret services denounced someone based upon information extracted under torture?
- If he has not abused his authority and betrayed children, he is still guilty of not denouncing those who did.
- When money is denounced as the root of all evil, we should properly understand it not as banknotes but as bright, treacherous gold.
- He has publicly denounced all the wrongs that were levelled on him.
- Of course these photos are going to be denounced as fakes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas