Translation of dense in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (denser, densest)
- 1 1.1 (closely spaced) [forest/jungle] espeso; [population/traffic] denso; [crowd] compacto, apretado columns of dense print columnas de apretada letra impresaExample sentences1.2 (thick) [fog/mist/smoke] denso, espeso the air was dense with smoke el aire estaba cargado de humo 1.3 [Physics/Física] denso
Example sentences1.4 (complicated) [prose/article] denso
- It was slow work, for the trees were close, and in places dense with the bare vines and stalks of undergrowth.
- The very words ‘fruit cake’ suggest a heavy, rich and wintry confection, dense with dried fruits and redolent of brandy.
- Then you go back to work and suddenly the day is so dense with activity you feel as if you've done three or four days' worth of mindless tearing around in a few hours.
- Then it's sent to a bale press, which compresses loose cotton into compact, dense bales.
- Rugosa roses make up a dense, compact hedge at the end of the garden without distracting from the sea view.
- The long DNA chain is naturally compacted in a dense form in most biological systems.
- Once you've got past the first layer of the menu system, which uses a screen full of icons, the subsequent menus are dense lists of text.
- I love the Mahabharata: it's one of the most complex, meaning dense documents ever written.
- With 650 pages packed with dense text, this is obviously designed for the Christmas market.
- 2 (stupid) [colloquial/familiar] [person] burro [colloquial/familiar], duro de entendederas [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- The American agent looked at Logan as if he were a math teacher trying to explain a simple problem to a dense student.
- After thinking about it for a while, the rather dense teacher said, ‘yes’.
- Even a relatively dense dad like myself could sense that something was wrong.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the