Translation of deny in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (denies, denying, denied)
- 1 [accusation/fact] negar*; [rumors] desmentir* even if you don't like it, you can't deny that … aunque no te guste, no me negarás que … there's no denying that … es innegable or no se puede negar que … he denied (that) other people had been present negó que hubiera habido alguien más presente I don't deny o I'm not denying that it's costly, but … no discuto or niego que sea caro, pero …to deny
-ingshe denied stealing o having stolen it negó haberlo robadoExample sentences
- It is denied that the Defendant repudiated the alleged or any contract as alleged or at all.
- Rumours that he had been suspended swept across the centre two weeks ago, but the shopping centre's management company refused to admit or deny the claims.
- A federal prosecutor has denied that contention.
- Ethiopia faces devastating famine, millions in other parts of the world have no drinking water and global warming is forgotten or denied.
- Only four years ago it was considered completely mainstream, centrist thinking to oppose stem cell research, reject nuclear proliferation schemes, and deny global warming.
- Some people deny the holocaust, others assert it happened as a matter of undeniable fact.
- 2 (refuse) [request] denegar* to deny sb sth negarle* algo a algn we were denied access to the files nos negaron el acceso a los archivos a last-minute goal denied them victory un gol de última hora los privó de or les negó la victoria justice has been denied us no se nos ha hecho justicia she denied herself cigarettes during Lent se privó de fumar durante la Cuaresma to deny oneself sacrificarse*Example sentences
- O'Neill was denied that unexpected luxury by circumstances outwith his control.
- He said: ‘There are a number of people who would love to rent private or council property and they are being denied that right.’
- In summary, specialty toy stores cannot compete on prices, so they will agree to deny the product to their discount rivals.
- As you might imagine, they've shown remarkable restraint in that regard, refusing to deny themselves a raise for five straight years.
- It's a decision to deny ourselves the thoughts, desires, and actions that feed the old life within us.
- We're the ones who are denying ourselves health care coverage by refusing to pay taxes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.