vt (denies, denying, denied)
- 1 [accusation/fact] negar*; [rumors] desmentir* even if you don't like it, you can't deny that … aunque no te guste, no me negarás que … there's no denying that … es innegable or no se puede negar que … he denied (that) other people had been present negó que hubiera habido alguien más presente I don't deny o I'm not denying that it's costly, but … no discuto or niego que sea caro, pero …to deny
-ingshe denied stealing o having stolen it negó haberlo robadoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- It is denied that the Defendant repudiated the alleged or any contract as alleged or at all.
- Rumours that he had been suspended swept across the centre two weeks ago, but the shopping centre's management company refused to admit or deny the claims.
- A federal prosecutor has denied that contention.
- Ethiopia faces devastating famine, millions in other parts of the world have no drinking water and global warming is forgotten or denied.
- Only four years ago it was considered completely mainstream, centrist thinking to oppose stem cell research, reject nuclear proliferation schemes, and deny global warming.
- Some people deny the holocaust, others assert it happened as a matter of undeniable fact.
- 2 (refuse) [request] denegar* to deny sb sth negarle* algo a algn we were denied access to the files nos negaron el acceso a los archivos a last-minute goal denied them victory un gol de última hora los privó de or les negó la victoria justice has been denied us no se nos ha hecho justicia she denied herself cigarettes during Lent se privó de fumar durante la Cuaresma to deny oneself sacrificarse*More example sentences
More example sentences
- O'Neill was denied that unexpected luxury by circumstances outwith his control.
- He said: ‘There are a number of people who would love to rent private or council property and they are being denied that right.’
- In summary, specialty toy stores cannot compete on prices, so they will agree to deny the product to their discount rivals.
- As you might imagine, they've shown remarkable restraint in that regard, refusing to deny themselves a raise for five straight years.
- It's a decision to deny ourselves the thoughts, desires, and actions that feed the old life within us.
- We're the ones who are denying ourselves health care coverage by refusing to pay taxes.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.