Translation of deny in Spanish:
transitive verb denies, denying, denied
- 1(accusation/fact)(rumors)even if you don't like it, you can't deny that …there's no denying that …aunque no te guste, no me negarás que …he denied (that) other people had been presentes innegable or no se puede negar que …I don't deny o I'm not denying that it's costly, but …negó que hubiera habido alguien más presenteto denyno discuto or niego que sea caro, pero …
-ingshe denied stealing o having stolen itnegó haberlo robadoExample sentences
- It is denied that the Defendant repudiated the alleged or any contract as alleged or at all.
- Rumours that he had been suspended swept across the centre two weeks ago, but the shopping centre's management company refused to admit or deny the claims.
- A federal prosecutor has denied that contention.
- Ethiopia faces devastating famine, millions in other parts of the world have no drinking water and global warming is forgotten or denied.
- Only four years ago it was considered completely mainstream, centrist thinking to oppose stem cell research, reject nuclear proliferation schemes, and deny global warming.
- Some people deny the holocaust, others assert it happened as a matter of undeniable fact.
- 2 (refuse)(request)to deny somebody somethingwe were denied access to the filesnegarle algo a alguiena last-minute goal denied them victorynos negaron el acceso a los archivosjustice has been denied usun gol de última hora los privó de or les negó la victoriashe denied herself cigarettes during Lentno se nos ha hecho justiciato deny oneselfse privó de fumar durante la CuaresmasacrificarseExample sentences
- O'Neill was denied that unexpected luxury by circumstances outwith his control.
- He said: ‘There are a number of people who would love to rent private or council property and they are being denied that right.’
- In summary, specialty toy stores cannot compete on prices, so they will agree to deny the product to their discount rivals.
- As you might imagine, they've shown remarkable restraint in that regard, refusing to deny themselves a raise for five straight years.
- It's a decision to deny ourselves the thoughts, desires, and actions that feed the old life within us.
- We're the ones who are denying ourselves health care coverage by refusing to pay taxes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than