Translation of depart in Spanish:
- 1 (leave) 1.1 (Transport) the train/plane will depart in 15 minutesel tren/avión saldrá or [formal] efectuará su salida dentro de 15 minutosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 the day we departed for Venice
- At 12.30 pm the air ambulance flight departed for Clermont, France.
- His wife and another woman in the public gallery burst out sobbing as the verdicts were announced and as he departed for jail, they yelled insults at the police officer in the case.
- Another concert was held for the primary students next morning before the group departed for its Friday night concert at Maungaturoto.
el día que salimos para Venecia
- For employees, it is best to depart the job on the same terms as employment began.
- George Washington, as we all know, advised strongly, as he departed his presidency, that we should avoid all entangling alliances with foreign nations.
- Uncle Al finally departs his post no later than next January 31st.
- 2 (deviate) [formal]to depart
fromsomethingapartarsehis version departs from the truth at several points dealgosu versión se aparta or se aleja de la verdad en varios puntosExample sentences
- It would be difficult to offer any advice to him right now that departs from the course he has put the country on for the time being.
- This is therefore not a reason for departing from the normal course.
- Critics of humanism have for centuries declared that freethinkers once departing from religion have abandoned morality.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.