Translation of depend in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 1.1 (rely, be dependent) to depend
onsb/sth depender dealgn/algo this town depends on the tourist trade esta ciudad depende or vive del turismo they depend on him for their livelihood dependen de él para su sustentoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (be determined by) to depend
- This meals-on-wheels and other services depend on financial support from the public.
- Small enterprises depend on community financial support to move from small to medium size.
- The media have gone from depending upon subscribers to depending upon advertisers for financial support.
- Subordinate clauses depend on the main clause for their meanings.
- Draw dependency diagrams for the following examples; make sure you decide for every preposition whether it depends on a noun or a verb.
- An adjective can depend on a noun, but can it also depend on another adjective?
onsth depender dealgo a good deal depends on what happens tomorrow mucho depende de lo que pase mañana it all depends (on) what you mean by free will todo depende de lo que tú entiendas por libre albedrío are you going to the cinema tonight? — it depends ¿vas a ir al cine esta noche? — dependeExample sentences
- It is very evident that the rigour with which merger control is enforced depends in part on the agenda of the Minister.
- The investment return depends solely on the difference between what you paid and what someone else pays you when you sell.
- This figure varies between blood banks, depending again on the testing methodologies and tests used in screening.
- 2 (count on, be sure of) to depend
ono uponsb/sth contar* conalgn/algo you can depend on her support puedes contar con su apoyo or con que te apoyará some people just can't be depended on no se puede contar con or confiar en ciertas personas I'll be there, (you can) depend on it estaré ahí, cuenta con ello or tenlo por seguro you can't depend on him to tell the truth no puedes estar seguro de que va a decir la verdadExample sentences
- As the months sped by, Jenny grew to rely and depend on Sammy more than ever before.
- Instead of depending on medication, I rely on exercise to keep my body healthy.
- Your child wants you to stay in control while they are out of control, so they can rely and depend on you.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.