Translation of dependency in Spanish:
noun plural dependencies
- 1 countable (dependent country)Example sentences
- At one time sovereign states could control foreign populated territory as colonial dependencies.
- The different circumstances and traditions of the various colonies and dependencies meant that they were developing at different paces and had little in common.
- Empires generally expect neighboring states and dependencies to accept their power and accommodate to it.
- 2 uncountable (dependence)Example sentences
- The bubble could burst if the residents of the high-risk area are being kept in a system of dependency on the ruling party.
- Then there is the sinking stock market and the move from guaranteed retirement pay to dependency on the ups and downs of financial casinos.
- But does this dependency on the fans change the band/audience dynamic in an entirely positive way?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.