Translation of deplete in Spanish:
- 1 (reduce)(supplies/stock/funds)energy sources are being rapidly depleted
reducirlas fuentes de energía se están agotando rápidamentethe regiment was greatly depleted by desertionlas deserciones diezmaron el regimientohunger and lack of sleep had depleted his strengthel hambre y la falta de sueño lo habían debilitado or habían consumido sus fuerzasI felt depletedme sentía agotado or sin fuerzasExample sentences
- Their stocks were severely depleted by whaling, and they remain low.
- The use of modified plants would take the pressure off severely depleted fish stocks.
- Irrigation, of course, not only depletes groundwater but reduces surface flow too, with dams and diversions that cause downstream desertification and the loss of productive wetlands and freshwater fish stocks.
- With the rich mangroves depleting fast, the number of migratory birds has decreased over the years.
- Do oil deposits get depleted too fast as oil countries try to maximize their oil earnings?
- Municipal representatives said bread supplies were depleting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.