- 1.1 (reduce) [supplies/stock/funds] reducir* energy sources are being rapidly depleted las fuentes de energía se están agotando rápidamente the regiment was greatly depleted by desertion las deserciones diezmaron el regimiento hunger and lack of sleep had depleted his strength el hambre y la falta de sueño lo habían debilitado or habían consumido sus fuerzas I felt depleted me sentía agotado or sin fuerzasMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Medicine/Medicina] drenar
- Their stocks were severely depleted by whaling, and they remain low.
- The use of modified plants would take the pressure off severely depleted fish stocks.
- Irrigation, of course, not only depletes groundwater but reduces surface flow too, with dams and diversions that cause downstream desertification and the loss of productive wetlands and freshwater fish stocks.
- With the rich mangroves depleting fast, the number of migratory birds has decreased over the years.
- Do oil deposits get depleted too fast as oil countries try to maximize their oil earnings?
- Municipal representatives said bread supplies were depleting.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.