Translation of deplete in Spanish:
- 1.1 (reduce)(supplies/stock/funds)energy sources are being rapidly depletedthe regiment was greatly depleted by desertionlas fuentes de energía se están agotando rápidamentehunger and lack of sleep had depleted his strengthlas deserciones diezmaron el regimientoI felt depletedel hambre y la falta de sueño lo habían debilitado or habían consumido sus fuerzasme sentía agotado or sin fuerzasExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Medicine)
- Their stocks were severely depleted by whaling, and they remain low.
- The use of modified plants would take the pressure off severely depleted fish stocks.
- Irrigation, of course, not only depletes groundwater but reduces surface flow too, with dams and diversions that cause downstream desertification and the loss of productive wetlands and freshwater fish stocks.
- With the rich mangroves depleting fast, the number of migratory birds has decreased over the years.
- Do oil deposits get depleted too fast as oil countries try to maximize their oil earnings?
- Municipal representatives said bread supplies were depleting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the