Translation of deponent in Spanish:
- 1deponent (verb) (Linguistics)Example sentences
- Just because an active form doesn't exist in the relatively small corpus of the New Testament, this is no reason to deem a verb deponent.
- When one examines the ‘passive deponent’ verbs in question, they are a subset of the eighty-five-plus verbs that we have argued are true middles, not deponents.
- Mounce gives the figure of approximately seventy-five percent of the middle forms in the NT should be classified as deponent.
- 2 (Law)Example sentences
- I understand from the affidavits that the various deponents have inconvenienced themselves by coming to the Court today.
- The deponents to these affidavits state that they have suffered injuries which were not fully compensated for under the prior settlements.
- You are the deponent of the affidavit which you have provided to the Court Registry in support of the application?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than