Translation of deponent in Spanish:
- 1deponent (verb) [Linguistics/Lingüística] (verbo (masculine)) deponente (masculine)Example sentences
- Just because an active form doesn't exist in the relatively small corpus of the New Testament, this is no reason to deem a verb deponent.
- When one examines the ‘passive deponent’ verbs in question, they are a subset of the eighty-five-plus verbs that we have argued are true middles, not deponents.
- Mounce gives the figure of approximately seventy-five percent of the middle forms in the NT should be classified as deponent.
- 2 [Law/Derecho] deponente (masculine and feminine)Example sentences
- I understand from the affidavits that the various deponents have inconvenienced themselves by coming to the Court today.
- The deponents to these affidavits state that they have suffered injuries which were not fully compensated for under the prior settlements.
- You are the deponent of the affidavit which you have provided to the Court Registry in support of the application?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an