Translation of deportment in Spanish:
- 1 (carriage)Example sentences
- Specific gestures, such as the ‘manual rhetoric’ of Roman orators, as well as the general carriage and deportment of the whole body, have been objects of study since Classical times.
- ‘Here she learnt the classics, modern languages, arithmetic and astronomy as well as dancing and deportment,’ says Byrne.
- The elderly gentleman sitting next to her is transfixed by the perfectly coiffed, frosted blonde hair, the imperious cheekbones and the effortlessly elegant, straight-backed deportment.
- 2 (conduct)Example sentences
- Since antiquity, rules for deportment have guided the behaviour of the more privileged classes and those who served them.
- Employees in foreign banks are not very different except in their manner of deportment and remuneration.
- It conjures up images of upper class society, a world of fancy dress balls and rules for deportment that are anathema to my very soul.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.