Translation of deposit in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (set down)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Geology)
- The train deposits you at Sirkeci station, in the heart of Istanbul, at the gateway to the Golden Horn.
- Ben yanked him up by the back of his collar and half dragged him to the livery, depositing him in a pile of hay.
- ‘See you later,’ Tim says, after Adam is safely deposited in a sitting position on his blankets.
- He also suggested that to prevent such a theft we should have deposited the helmets with him for safekeeping.
- After depositing my bags in a sarkari guest house I made for the office of the Dashauli Gram Swarajya Mandal.
- Traditionally, villagers deposit money in post offices as they consider them safe and they also earn more interest compared to banks.
- Sand was deposited by wind or water, and briefly wetted by liquid water that evaporated, forming the sulfate cement.
- Geologists suggested the layers may have been formed either by ash from a volcano or from sediments deposited by wind or liquid water.
- Fossils, he claimed, were the remains of once-living organisms, turned to stone inside layers of silt or sand deposited by water.
- 2 2.1 (leave) I deposited the will with my lawyerdejé el testamento en manos de mi abogadowe deposited the kids with their grandmother [humorous]le encajamos or enjaretamos los niños a la abuela [humorous]2.2 you have to deposit half the amount nowdebe entregar ahora la mitad del dinero como depósitoExample sentences
- This may prevent the victim of a fraud seeking a proprietary remedy against a bank where money has been deposited into a bank account.
- The only sign of him is the money that's deposited into my bank account every month.
- Would you also like to go to the bank and deposit regular sums of money?
- 1 1.1 (payment into account) he has $600 on deposit at the banktiene 600 dólares en una cuenta de ahorro(s)(before noun) deposit slipcomprobante (masculine) de depósito
boleta (feminine) de depósito (Río de la Plata)resguardo (masculine) de ingreso (Spain)Example sentences1.2 (down payment)
(on large amounts) depósito (masculine)a small deposit secures any article
- Any money market accounts, certificates of deposits, bank bonds, Treasuries, and savings are assets.
- Unlike safe investments such as bank deposits or Treasury bonds, dividends are not guaranteed.
- But a claim - and bank notes or deposits are claims to money - does not involve the creditor's relinquishing any of the present good.
entrega (feminine) inicial
entrada (feminine) (Spain)
pie (masculine) (Chile)se reserva cualquier artículo pagando un pequeño depósito or dejando una pequeña señalse reserva cualquier artículo dejando una pequeña seña (Río de la Plata)he put down a deposit on the carhizo una entrega inicial para el cochedio una entrada para el coche (Spain)dio un pie para el coche (Chile)a 10% deposit, a deposit of 10%un depósito del 10% (on house, car etc) una entrega inicial del 10%
una entrada (Spain) or (Chile) un pie del 10%Example sentences
Example sentences1.3 (security) is there a deposit on this bottle?
- Persimmon said then that the acquisition of 20,000 shares was merely a deposit on a conditional contract to buy the ground, subject to planning permission and vacant possession.
- Lowry then used the balance as a deposit on a property at Cheadle near Manchester.
- The shares had simply been bought to secure the deposit on the contract.
¿cobran el envase?¿cobran el casco? (Spain) (Mexico)Example sentences1.4 (British) (Politics)
- Birth defects and complications are also being missed because ultrasound waves are unable to penetrate large fat deposits.
- ‘Placer’ gold deposits are those that accumulate in the sediments of stream beds.
- The alkaline action of raw juices dissolves the accumulation of deposits around the joints and in other tissue.
(depósito que se paga para poder presentarse como candidato a diputado)to lose one's deposit(perder el depósito al no obtener el mínimo de votos estipulado)Example sentences
- The damage deposit covered their final month's rent but their lease was obviously dead.
- The most a landlord can ask for in terms of a damage deposit is the last month's rent, payable before the tenant occupies a unit.
- Force convicted slumlords to give damage deposits to the government.
- He attracted only 1,392 votes and lost his deposit.
- A candidate shall lose his deposit if he has received less than six percent of the number of valid ballots in the election and has failed to win a seat in the subsequent election run-off.
- At the general election of 1950, it put up 100 candidates, lost both its seats, and forfeited 97 deposits.
- 3 (Mining) (of gas)(of gold, copper) yacimiento (masculine)Example sentences
- The removal of huge amounts of material from the underground deposit causes massive subsidence at the surface.
- Asbestos is a fibrous mineral mined from rock deposits.
- Mongolia, population 2.3 million, lives on mostly undeveloped land with so much mineral wealth that coal deposits sit on the desert surface.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.