transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (set down) [load/packages] depositar, poner*More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Geology/Geología] [silt/sediment] depositar
- The train deposits you at Sirkeci station, in the heart of Istanbul, at the gateway to the Golden Horn.
- Ben yanked him up by the back of his collar and half dragged him to the livery, depositing him in a pile of hay.
- ‘See you later,’ Tim says, after Adam is safely deposited in a sitting position on his blankets.
More example sentences
- He also suggested that to prevent such a theft we should have deposited the helmets with him for safekeeping.
- After depositing my bags in a sarkari guest house I made for the office of the Dashauli Gram Swarajya Mandal.
- Traditionally, villagers deposit money in post offices as they consider them safe and they also earn more interest compared to banks.
- Sand was deposited by wind or water, and briefly wetted by liquid water that evaporated, forming the sulfate cement.
- Geologists suggested the layers may have been formed either by ash from a volcano or from sediments deposited by wind or liquid water.
- Fossils, he claimed, were the remains of once-living organisms, turned to stone inside layers of silt or sand deposited by water.
- 2 2.1 (leave) depositar I deposited the will with my lawyer dejé el testamento en manos de mi abogado we deposited the kids with their grandmother [humorous/humorístico] le encajamos or enjaretamos los niños a la abuela [humorous/humorístico] 2.2 [money] depositar, ingresar (Spain/España) ; (in bank account) depositar, ingresar (Spain/España) you have to deposit half the amount now debe entregar ahora la mitad del dinero como depósitoMore example sentences
- This may prevent the victim of a fraud seeking a proprietary remedy against a bank where money has been deposited into a bank account.
- The only sign of him is the money that's deposited into my bank account every month.
- Would you also like to go to the bank and deposit regular sums of money?
- 1 1.1 (payment into account) depósito (masculine), ingreso (masculine) (Spain/España) he has $600 on deposit at the bank tiene 600 dólares en una cuenta de ahorro(s) (before noun/delante del nombre) deposit slip comprobante (masculine) or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) boleta (feminine) de depósito, resguardo (masculine) de ingreso (Spain/España) 1.2 (down payment — on large amounts) depósito (masculine), entrega (feminine) inicial, entrada (feminine) (Spain/España) , pie (masculine) (Chile) ; (— on small amounts) depósito (masculine), señal (feminine), seña (feminine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) a small deposit secures any article se reserva cualquier artículo pagando un pequeño depósito or dejando una pequeña señal or (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) seña he put down a deposit on the car hizo una entrega inicial para el coche, dio una entrada (Spain/España) or (Chile) un pie para el coche a 10% deposit, a deposit of 10% un depósito del 10% (on house, car etc) una entrega inicial del 10%, una entrada (Spain/España) or (Chile) un pie del 10% 1.3 (security) depósito (masculine), fianza (feminine) is there a deposit on this bottle? ¿cobran el envase or (Spain/España) (Mexico/México) casco? 1.4 (British English/inglés británico) [Politics/Política][ depósito que se paga para poder presentarse como candidato a diputado ] to lose one's deposit[ perder el depósito al no obtener el mínimo de votos estipulado ]
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.