Translation of deposition in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (Law)Example sentences
- That contradicted her sworn deposition, in which she said board members hadn't named what alternatives should be presented to balance evolutionary theory.
- It tells the plaintiff, in effect, that he or she cannot even force the defendant to answer questions, in deposition or interrogatories, about what exactly occurred.
- Mr Coppel informed us that neither the transcript of the memorandum interview, the video of it, or any other deposition is available to the Respondent.
- In fact, what happens is that on a ‘fast track’ plea, police officers do not prepare statements or depositions at all.
- Right now, the lawyers are working on pre-trial hearings, depositions, and evidence gathering.
- Several measures, however, have been allowed to shorten the process, including taking of depositions from potential witnesses while open court is not in session.
- 2 uncountable (Geography)Example sentences
- These chemicals prevented normal calcium deposition during eggshell formation, and caused females to lay thin-shelled eggs that often broke before hatching.
- Untreated inflammation can result in cataracts, calcium deposition in the cornea, glaucoma and, ultimately, blindness.
- In a state of the art review article, Chan and colleagues discuss calcium deposition with or without bone formation in the lung.
- 3 uncountable (of president, dictator)(of king)Example sentences
- At the point when his power to command death and to sustain his own life has been arrested, Richard is divested of the spectacular carapace that encases the body of the monarch, his deposition is a fall into subjectivity.
- On his deposition Prince Carol Hohenzollen-Sigmaringen was elected.
- The factional conflict erupted into Civil War which resulted in Henry's deposition in 1461 when Richard's son inaugurated the reign of the House of York as Edward IV.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.