Translation of depot in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (storehouse)Example sentences1.2 (Military)
- He says the government is trying to secure loans to build granaries and depots to store food to help the people through difficult times.
- A food storage depot was looted and burned down during the night and businesses were badly hit by the tense atmosphere yesterday.
- They have prevented the government building granaries and food depots that could store grain from one year to the next.
- This was mirrored in England by the establishment of regimental depots after the army reforms.
- The four recruiting depots have been busy all day, air raid warning tests have been heard across the city this evening, and posters are calling for volunteers for first aid.
- Currently, the regional army commanders are responsible for their respective regional army depots, logistics support units, and medical units.
- 2 (esp US)(train station) estación (feminine)Example sentences
- The resistance movement rescued downed pilots, radioed military movements to London, and sabotaged German railway depots.
- Have you heard the rumours of a tunnel under the Viaduct, or the one connecting the main Post Office basement to the railway depot?
- The moment of explicit defiance of command authority came most often at railway depots or other embarkation points.
- 3 (esp British) (storage area) 3.1 (for buses)garage (masculine) (esp Latin America)Example sentences3.2 (for trains)
depósito (masculine) de locomotoras
- The company employs 5,500 people in Britain, many of them at train maintenance depots.
- In the past, diesel locos and coaches, which formed services on the West of England line, had been maintained at several depots.
- The drivers immediately discharged their passengers and drove their buses back to the depots, bringing transport services in Edinburgh to a virtual standstill for three hours.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.