Translation of depreciate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 (disparage) [formal] [achievement/ability] menospreciarExample sentences
- Ironically, many minorities also lead the efforts to abolish affirmative action under the belief that their educational achievements are depreciated, disparaged and seen as less valuable.
- Written in diary form it is a humorous, self depreciating honest account of a woman faced with the realities of a breast cancer diagnosis.
- They were different to the other bands, in that they had great catchy melodies and a nice line in self depreciating lyrics.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [Finance] [assets/shares/currency] depreciarseExample sentences
- The simple reason behind this change is that the US dollar and the euro are going to steeply depreciate against the value of gold.
- There are pockets where values have depreciated.
- Buying a cheaper car that depreciates rapidly is a false economy.
- Changes in accounting policies are another example of something to watch for - for example, a company might decide to depreciate assets over a longer period to save on the depreciation charge.
- Furthermore, since computers can be depreciated over a five-year period, the company is also permitted to record the expense using its regular depreciation method.
- Previously, equipment and business assets had to be depreciated over a five to seven year time span.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.