Translation of depreciate in Spanish:
- 1 (Finance)Example sentences
- The simple reason behind this change is that the US dollar and the euro are going to steeply depreciate against the value of gold.
- There are pockets where values have depreciated.
- Buying a cheaper car that depreciates rapidly is a false economy.
- Changes in accounting policies are another example of something to watch for - for example, a company might decide to depreciate assets over a longer period to save on the depreciation charge.
- Furthermore, since computers can be depreciated over a five-year period, the company is also permitted to record the expense using its regular depreciation method.
- Previously, equipment and business assets had to be depreciated over a five to seven year time span.
- 2 (disparage) [formal](achievement/ability)
- Ironically, many minorities also lead the efforts to abolish affirmative action under the belief that their educational achievements are depreciated, disparaged and seen as less valuable.
- Written in diary form it is a humorous, self depreciating honest account of a woman faced with the realities of a breast cancer diagnosis.
- They were different to the other bands, in that they had great catchy melodies and a nice line in self depreciating lyrics.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.