Translation of depress in Spanish:
- 1 (sadden) rainy days depress melos días lluviosos me deprimenExample sentences
- At first it depressed me that people gauged their popularity by how many texts they received, but on further reflection I realised that it's nothing new.
- That was completely demoralising, it shattered my confidence, and I was depressed for a year.
- It just depresses me that so many people waste so much time bleating inanely and helplessly when there are lives to go out and live.
- 2 (press down) [formal](handle/lever)
- When the grip safety is depressed the rod is pushed up and lifts the firing pin block located in the slide.
- Your thumb will depress the magazine release lever as you grasp the magazine.
- It must also be in the proper position to depress the plunger on the deadlocking latch.
- 3 (Economics)(market)
hacer bajarExample sentences
- But they also are aware that large tax increases at this time of economic stagnation and rising unemployment would depress economic activity even further.
- These actions further depress economic activity, prices, corporate cash flows and the ability of borrowers to service debts.
- Inflationary policies conducted for long periods of time not only foster the growth of government but also depress economic activity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.