Translation of depressed in Spanish:
- 1 (dejected) she's feeling a bit depressedanda un poco deprimidato get/become depresseddeprimirse
dejarse abatirExample sentences
- I mean, to say they were depressed or despondent is too light.
- He was depressed, despondent, and in total despair.
- Among the most unhappy and depressed people in the region are the supporters of the official opposition in the province.
- 2 (Economics)(economy/market)
en crisis(area)depressed prices have created a buyer's market
de gran desempleola caída de los precios ha creado un mercado que favorece al compradorExample sentences
- This will mean that the buoyant region maintains full employment whereas the depressed region exhibits a local labour demand shortfall.
- This depressed economic activity hurt employment figures and affected demand for housing, he said.
- He attributes deflation to an increase in money demand caused by expectations of further deflation and perhaps depressed economic activity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.