Translation of depression in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (despondency) to suffer from depressionsufrir depresionesExample sentences
- Grace found herself being dragged into depression by her own thoughts.
- He did not kiss the old woman's hand; for, in his fatigue and depression, the necessity to pretend fell away.
- Regular readers will know I was deep in the throes of depression, both seasonal and related to other sources.
- 2 countable (in flat surface)Example sentences
- The presence of shallow depressions in the ground surface allows time for water to percolate into the soil and reduces the volume and speed of flow across the slope.
- The stone includes a depression on its concave surface where the practitioner's finger was inserted in order to assist in applying force.
- The images relayed from the probe were not much more exciting - some low hills and surface depressions.
- 3 countable (Economics) the (Great) DepressionExample sentences
- They have developed a close relationship between stock market crashes and the economic recessions and depressions that follow them.
- According to him, the original estimate did take into account periodic recessions and depressions in the stock market.
- Just as the mass extinctions were associated with climatic shifts, depressions and recessions often reflect changing economic conditions.
- 4 countable (Meteorology)Example sentences
- Rainfall in the savannah region usually arrives between November and April in heavy bursts from monsoonal depressions or tropical cyclones.
- The most significant features of the wet season are thunderstorms, tropical cyclones and rain depressions.
- Cyclonic weather with a depression centred over the UK can cause unsettled conditions in both winter and summer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.