Translation of deprivation in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (lack, loss) oxygen deprivationfalta (feminine) de oxígenoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable and countable (hardship)
- For eight years the accused knew hardship, but their ills largely went beyond deprivations of a material order.
- Consequently, I have the utmost respect for all those who served in the war and suffered its deprivations.
- Some may have suffered the deprivations, or fought in the Second World War.
privaciones (feminine plural)to suffer deprivation(s)
- A combination of severe resource deprivation and military conservatism inhibited the army from developing a modern force.
- Nutrition deprivation also works wonders on making people more open to suggestion.
- A fast is food deprivation for a set amount of time, and no one is supposed to die.
penurias (feminine plural)pasar or sufrir privaciones or penurias1.3 uncountable (depriving)Example sentences
- Cornelius was put to the torture and on August 19 sentenced to deprivation of his offices and banishment.
- In 1619 he narrowly escaped deprivation of his office for not taking the sacrament in conformity to the five articles of Perth.
- The suspension of his pay and subsistence was no deprivation of his office, any more than shaking off the apples is cutting down the tree.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.