Translation of deprivation in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (lack, loss) privación (feminine) oxygen deprivation falta (feminine) de oxígenoExample sentences1.2 u and c (hardship) privaciones (feminine plural), penurias (feminine plural) to suffer deprivation(s) pasar or sufrir privaciones or penurias
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (depriving) privación (feminine)
- Sleep deprivation also triggers seizures in people with some types of epilepsy.
- If this is what happened to you, it may have been triggered by the sleep deprivation and lack of food.
- First, sleep deprivation lowers levels of the hormone leptin, an absence of which can trigger the overconsumption of carbohydrates.
- For eight years the accused knew hardship, but their ills largely went beyond deprivations of a material order.
- Consequently, I have the utmost respect for all those who served in the war and suffered its deprivations.
- Some may have suffered the deprivations, or fought in the Second World War.
- Cornelius was put to the torture and on August 19 sentenced to deprivation of his offices and banishment.
- In 1619 he narrowly escaped deprivation of his office for not taking the sacrament in conformity to the five articles of Perth.
- The suspension of his pay and subsistence was no deprivation of his office, any more than shaking off the apples is cutting down the tree.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know Mexico City has twenty daily newspapers? The morning daily Excelsior (www.excelsior.com.mx), established in 1917, is often considered the nation's best and one of the most important newspapers of the Spanish-speaking world. La Jornada is another important daily, and there is an English-language daily, The News.