Translation of deprivation in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (lack, loss) oxygen deprivationfalta (feminine) de oxígenoExample sentences
- For eight years the accused knew hardship, but their ills largely went beyond deprivations of a material order.
- Consequently, I have the utmost respect for all those who served in the war and suffered its deprivations.
- Some may have suffered the deprivations, or fought in the Second World War.
- Sleep and food deprivation, along with the forced adoption of extremely uncomfortable postures for hours on end, do the trick.
- For example, one grantee is studying how developing nerve cells in the fetal brain respond to prolonged oxygen deprivation.
- How can humans tolerate extreme oxygen deprivation at very high altitudes?
- 2 uncountable and countable (hardship)privaciones (feminine plural)to suffer deprivation(s)
penurias (feminine plural)pasar or sufrir privaciones or penurias
- 3 uncountable (depriving)Example sentences
- Cornelius was put to the torture and on August 19 sentenced to deprivation of his offices and banishment.
- In 1619 he narrowly escaped deprivation of his office for not taking the sacrament in conformity to the five articles of Perth.
- The suspension of his pay and subsistence was no deprivation of his office, any more than shaking off the apples is cutting down the tree.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.