Translation of deputy in Spanish:
noun plural deputies
- 1 1.1 (second-in-command) (before noun) deputy chair or chairman deputy director deputy head (British)Example sentences1.2deputy (sheriff) (US) (Law)
ayudante (masculine or feminine) del sheriff1.3 (British) (Mining)(capataz encargado de la seguridad en una mina)Example sentences
- Tomorrow I hand over the Principal Clerk's duties to my deputy.
- The National Railway Museum has appointed a new deputy head with a strong background in serving York's heritage.
- In May 1998, he was appointed deputy assistant commissioner with the Metropolitan Police.
- The general secretary of the pit deputies union said it was ironic British mineworkers were wanted in Australia.
- The dockers went on strike in July and pit deputies in the union threatened to strike in October.
- He was a pit deputy at Redbrook colliery on the outskirts of Barnsley, in a different union.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.