Translation of derelict in Spanish:
- 1.1 (ruined)(building/area)
abandonado y en ruinasExample sentences1.2 (Law, Nautical)
- The derelict condition of the Market House has been criticised by the town council.
- The majority of them were bought either in completely derelict condition, or as a collection of rusty parts.
- A call has been made to officials of the Town Council to take action against the owners of five houses which are in a derelict condition.
- 1 (vagrant)marginado, (-da) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- A group of vagabonds and derelicts inhabit a shelter in Moscow, presided over by a fanatical leader who preaches the love of everyone for everyone.
- Following a homeless ‘state of emergency’, the federal government created a $753-million fund to get derelicts across Canada out of the dirt and into an edifice.
- But the majority of menial workers and derelicts are, going by empirical evidence, first or second-generation immigrants with little in the way of hopes or prospects.
- 2 (Law, Nautical)der(r)elicto (masculine) [formal]Example sentences
- We ran into the docking bay and could not believe the decrepit derelict of a ship that he had waiting for us.
- If they can keep the boats from becoming derelicts, it means that much more money in the budget to do dredging and other debris removal.
- Meanwhile, the U.S. Coast Guard has the authority to move derelicts that pose a hazard to navigation, but not to dispose of them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.