Translation of derivation in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (Linguistics) (process)(origin) origen (masculine)the derivation of this word is uncertainel origen de esta palabra es inciertoExample sentences
- Often, he explains the linguistic derivation of a word or idiom.
- These differences relate to the historical derivation of the words in question: whether they were acquired directly from Latin or through French.
- On this account, the word based theories posit that lexical relations in Semitic languages are linked to derivations involving lexemes and morphemes.
- 2 uncountable and countable (Mathematics) (deduction)(deriving) derivación (feminine)Example sentences
- The work is a survey of Kerala mathematics and, very unusually for an Indian mathematical text, it contains proofs of the theorems and gives derivations of the rules it contains.
- After Arbogast died in 1803, Français inherited his mathematical papers and continued to work on the calculus of derivations.
- Here is a mathematical derivation of the two values.
- But here is an elementary (no calculus) derivation that pulls together several useful but mostly disregarded in the pre-college mathematics ideas.
- Sometimes when going through a long algebraic derivation, I will ask each student in turn: ‘Clara, what is the next step in solving for [lambda]?’
- His derivation of the estimates is a tour de force and the applications in algebraic geometry are beautiful.
- 3 uncountable (obtaining) the derivation of diesel from crude oilla obtención del diesel a partir del crudoExample sentences
- Although not a definitive indicator, the lack of abrasion is consistent with derivation from nearby sources.
- This suggests derivation from a similar source and/or a similar depositional age.
- But notice that this just pushes the assumption back, and eventually one will reach the beginning of the original derivation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.