Translation of derivation in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c [Linguistics/Lingüística] (process) derivación (feminine); (origin) origen (masculine) the derivation of this word is uncertain el origen de esta palabra es inciertoExample sentences
- Often, he explains the linguistic derivation of a word or idiom.
- These differences relate to the historical derivation of the words in question: whether they were acquired directly from Latin or through French.
- On this account, the word based theories posit that lexical relations in Semitic languages are linked to derivations involving lexemes and morphemes.
- From a metalinguistic framework, a first distinction may be proposed between tasks that involve morphological derivation in sentence completion and tasks that place a heavier load on explicit segmentation.
- Compared with delayed dyslexies, phonological dyslexies were impaired in the suffix deletion task but not in derivation in a sentence context.
- But there must be some logical explanation and derivation, that fits with the current definition, mustn't there?
Example sentences1.2 u and c [Mathematics/Matemáticas] (deduction) deducción (feminine); (deriving) derivación (feminine)
- But here is an elementary (no calculus) derivation that pulls together several useful but mostly disregarded in the pre-college mathematics ideas.
- Sometimes when going through a long algebraic derivation, I will ask each student in turn: ‘Clara, what is the next step in solving for [lambda]?’
- His derivation of the estimates is a tour de force and the applications in algebraic geometry are beautiful.
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (obtaining) obtención (feminine) the derivation of diesel from crude oil la obtención del diesel a partir del crudo
- He is of mainly Dutch derivation, with some Japanese ancestry, as well.
- The argument conveniently ignores the political reality of devolution, ie that we are Europeans through contribution, not derivation.
- One young man whose derivation, I found out, was by way of Pakistan, had to leave in the middle of the semester.
- The work is a survey of Kerala mathematics and, very unusually for an Indian mathematical text, it contains proofs of the theorems and gives derivations of the rules it contains.
- After Arbogast died in 1803, Français inherited his mathematical papers and continued to work on the calculus of derivations.
- Here is a mathematical derivation of the two values.
- Although not a definitive indicator, the lack of abrasion is consistent with derivation from nearby sources.
- This suggests derivation from a similar source and/or a similar depositional age.
- But notice that this just pushes the assumption back, and eventually one will reach the beginning of the original derivation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to