Translation of derivative in Spanish:
- 1 (unoriginal) [novel/painting] carente de originalidad; [plot/theme] manido, trillado; [artist/writer] adocenadoExample sentences
- Moreover, says the performer, that painful experience is what led Shakespeare to become more than a sharp-tongued wit, more than the derivative writers of his era and ours.
- I suppose she is a cultural phenomenon that cannot be ignored, but I find her programme, and the derivative imitators to be deadly dull and no substitute for actual thought.
- However, he is not a derivative imitator of classic Japanese cinema, but one of its original though sadly neglected film-makers.
- 2 (derived) derivadoExample sentences
- I particularly remember a poem which was very derivative of English poetry called ‘Fugue’ by Neville Dawes, a Jamaican novelist and poet.
- With gameplay more derivative of the Harlem Globetrotters than the NBA, players bust insane ankle-breaking moves to confuse and fake out opponents on their way to the hoop.
- In 1913 he was overwhelmed by the European modernism exhibited at the Armory Show and his style entered an eclectic, derivative phase, influenced by Gauguin, Matisse, and van Gogh.
- 3 [Finance] derivadoExample sentences
- It is possible to use unrealized gains in financial assets (including derivative contracts) as collateral for further purchases.
- This is because they buy complex derivative products to mirror the performance of the underlying stock market index or indices which are not transparently priced.
- Given recent developments in calculation and derivative products, new opportunities are now available in portfolio construction and trading.
- 1.1 (in industry) derivado (masculine) petroleum derivatives derivados (masculine plural) del petróleo 1.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] (word) derivado (masculine); (language) lengua (feminine) derivada 1.3 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] derivada (feminine) 1.4 [Finance] derivado (masculine), derivada (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.