Translation of describe in Spanish:
- 1 (put into words) describe it to o for mewords cannot describe her beautydescríbemeloes de una belleza indescriptible
- 2 (characterize)to describe somebody/something (
assomething)how would you describe yourself?he describes himself as a socialist¿cómo te definirías?I would describe the book as dull and repetitivese dice socialistase define como socialistayo diría que es un libro soso y repetitivoExample sentences
- It is the size of a paper clip and is described as a cross between a stick insect and a praying mantis.
- He had a clean-shaven, fair face and had what was described as a local accent.
- For those who have dived upon an untouched shipwreck the experience is described as very moving indeed.
- 3 3.1 (draw) (Mathematics) 3.2 (move in shape of) [formal](curve/arc)Example sentences
- Then, with the compasses fixed at the right, an arc is described from the horizontal distance at the left to the left hand side of the "proscaenium".
- Thus, an arc is described in Figure I from C which cuts the triangle at I and J.
- After it has been well stretched, a circle is described with a piece of charcoal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than