Translation of describe in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (put into words) describir* describe it to o for me descríbemelo words cannot describe her beauty es de una belleza indescriptible
- 2 (characterize)to describe sb/sth (
assth) how would you describe yourself? ¿cómo te definirías? he describes himself as a socialist se dice socialista, se define como socialista I would describe the book as dull and repetitive yo diría que es un libro soso y repetitivoExample sentences
- It is the size of a paper clip and is described as a cross between a stick insect and a praying mantis.
- He had a clean-shaven, fair face and had what was described as a local accent.
- For those who have dived upon an untouched shipwreck the experience is described as very moving indeed.
- 3 3.1 (draw) [Mathematics/Matemáticas] trazar* 3.2 (move in shape of) [formal] [curve/arc] describir* [formal]Example sentences
- Then, with the compasses fixed at the right, an arc is described from the horizontal distance at the left to the left hand side of the "proscaenium".
- Thus, an arc is described in Figure I from C which cuts the triangle at I and J.
- After it has been well stretched, a circle is described with a piece of charcoal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.