transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (put into words) describir* describe it to o for me descríbemelo words cannot describe her beauty es de una belleza indescriptible
- 2 (characterize)to describe sb/sth (
assth) how would you describe yourself? ¿cómo te definirías? he describes himself as a socialist se dice socialista, se define como socialista I would describe the book as dull and repetitive yo diría que es un libro soso y repetitivoMore example sentences
- It is the size of a paper clip and is described as a cross between a stick insect and a praying mantis.
- He had a clean-shaven, fair face and had what was described as a local accent.
- For those who have dived upon an untouched shipwreck the experience is described as very moving indeed.
- 3 3.1 (draw) [Mathematics/Matemáticas] trazar* 3.2 (move in shape of) [formal] [curve/arc] describir* [formal]More example sentences
- Then, with the compasses fixed at the right, an arc is described from the horizontal distance at the left to the left hand side of the "proscaenium".
- Thus, an arc is described in Figure I from C which cuts the triangle at I and J.
- After it has been well stretched, a circle is described with a piece of charcoal.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The National Police (Policía Nacional) was set up in Spain in 1976. Its members patrol provincial capitals and big cities, which are responsible for its finance, administration, and recruitment. Although armed, it has never been considered a repressive force, unlike the