transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (put into words) describir* describe it to o for me descríbemelo words cannot describe her beauty es de una belleza indescriptible
- 2 (characterize)to describe sb/sth (
assth) how would you describe yourself? ¿cómo te definirías? he describes himself as a socialist se dice socialista, se define como socialista I would describe the book as dull and repetitive yo diría que es un libro soso y repetitivoMore example sentences
- It is the size of a paper clip and is described as a cross between a stick insect and a praying mantis.
- He had a clean-shaven, fair face and had what was described as a local accent.
- For those who have dived upon an untouched shipwreck the experience is described as very moving indeed.
- 3 3.1 (draw) [Mathematics/Matemáticas] trazar* 3.2 (move in shape of) [formal] [curve/arc] describir* [formal]More example sentences
- Then, with the compasses fixed at the right, an arc is described from the horizontal distance at the left to the left hand side of the "proscaenium".
- Thus, an arc is described in Figure I from C which cuts the triangle at I and J.
- After it has been well stretched, a circle is described with a piece of charcoal.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.