Translation of describe in Spanish:
- 1 (put into words) describe it to o for medescríbemelowords cannot describe her beautyes de una belleza indescriptibleExample sentences
- It is the size of a paper clip and is described as a cross between a stick insect and a praying mantis.
- He had a clean-shaven, fair face and had what was described as a local accent.
- For those who have dived upon an untouched shipwreck the experience is described as very moving indeed.
- 2 (characterize)to describe somebody/something (
assomething)how would you describe yourself?¿cómo te definirías?he describes himself as a socialistse dice socialistaI would describe the book as dull and repetitive
se define como socialistayo diría que es un libro soso y repetitivo
- 3 3.1 (draw) (Mathematics)Example sentences3.2 (move in shape of) [formal]
- Then, with the compasses fixed at the right, an arc is described from the horizontal distance at the left to the left hand side of the "proscaenium".
- Thus, an arc is described in Figure I from C which cuts the triangle at I and J.
- After it has been well stretched, a circle is described with a piece of charcoal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.