- [passage/writing/powers] descriptivo; [adjective] calificativo we need a descriptive name for the product necesitamos un nombre que sugiera las características del productoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- This book is primarily a descriptive work, seeking to provide detail about a specific historical missionary activity.
- I didn't find the plot particularly gripping, but the level of period detail in the book's descriptive passages was excellent.
- The descriptive passages when she has tea with friends, or tends her garden, or shops for blouses to fit her ample bosom are a pleasure and add a completeness to the character.
- Freud recognized that the term ‘unconscious’ was better used as a descriptive adjective rather than as a topographical noun.
- Sometimes the descriptive noun phrase has already been used in a previous clause, and to avoid repetition, the anaphor such is substituted.
- ‘Vibrant’ is actually one of the rare descriptive adjectives which I have never turned into an adverb.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.