Translation of descriptive in Spanish:
- [passage/writing/powers] descriptivo; [adjective] calificativo we need a descriptive name for the product necesitamos un nombre que sugiera las características del productoExample sentences
- This book is primarily a descriptive work, seeking to provide detail about a specific historical missionary activity.
- I didn't find the plot particularly gripping, but the level of period detail in the book's descriptive passages was excellent.
- The descriptive passages when she has tea with friends, or tends her garden, or shops for blouses to fit her ample bosom are a pleasure and add a completeness to the character.
- Freud recognized that the term ‘unconscious’ was better used as a descriptive adjective rather than as a topographical noun.
- Sometimes the descriptive noun phrase has already been used in a previous clause, and to avoid repetition, the anaphor such is substituted.
- ‘Vibrant’ is actually one of the rare descriptive adjectives which I have never turned into an adverb.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to