Translation of descriptive in Spanish:
- [passage/writing/powers] descriptivo; [adjective] calificativo we need a descriptive name for the product necesitamos un nombre que sugiera las características del productoExample sentences
- This book is primarily a descriptive work, seeking to provide detail about a specific historical missionary activity.
- I didn't find the plot particularly gripping, but the level of period detail in the book's descriptive passages was excellent.
- The descriptive passages when she has tea with friends, or tends her garden, or shops for blouses to fit her ample bosom are a pleasure and add a completeness to the character.
- Freud recognized that the term ‘unconscious’ was better used as a descriptive adjective rather than as a topographical noun.
- Sometimes the descriptive noun phrase has already been used in a previous clause, and to avoid repetition, the anaphor such is substituted.
- ‘Vibrant’ is actually one of the rare descriptive adjectives which I have never turned into an adverb.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.