Translation of desertion in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Military/Militar] deserción (feminine); [Politics/Política] defección (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (of family, place) abandono (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 (of cause, principles) deserción (feminine)
- According to the CBS News programme 60 Minutes, there have been 5,500 desertions amongst US troops.
- In 1921 King George V granted him a pardon on the desertion charge.
- He just finished serving 30 days in jail for his 1965 desertion.
- We confined our trapping to the late stages of incubation to minimize nest desertion due to trapping procedures.
- Often the socio-economic implications arising out of desertions by the spouse is overlooked by society.
- Paradoxically, the distrust is further fuelled by the desertion of an assistant counsel on the team last month.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.