- 1.1 [Military/Militar] deserción (feminine); [Politics/Política] defección (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (of family, place) abandono (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 (of cause, principles) deserción (feminine)
- According to the CBS News programme 60 Minutes, there have been 5,500 desertions amongst US troops.
- In 1921 King George V granted him a pardon on the desertion charge.
- He just finished serving 30 days in jail for his 1965 desertion.
- We confined our trapping to the late stages of incubation to minimize nest desertion due to trapping procedures.
- Often the socio-economic implications arising out of desertions by the spouse is overlooked by society.
- Paradoxically, the distrust is further fuelled by the desertion of an assistant counsel on the team last month.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.