Translation of designate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˈdezɪgneɪt/
- 1 (name officially) nombrar, designar they designated me as their spokesman me nombraron portavoz del grupo the area was designated a national park la zona fue declarada parque nacionalExample sentences
- The engineering status will be designated to the school from September.
- We follow the general rules of zebrafish nomenclature for designating locus and allele names.
- Perhaps it might increase the awareness of the problem if we were officially to designate a day in the year in testimony to them.
- 2 (call) [formal] designar three points designated A, B, C on the diagram tres puntos designados por A, B, C en el diagrama
- 3 (indicate) [formal] indicar*
adjective/adjetivo/ˈdezɪgneɪt; -nət; ˈdezɪgnət/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Zarzuela is a musical drama consisting of alternating passages of dialogue, songs, choruses, and dancing, that originated in Spain in the seventeenth century. Its name comes from the Zarzuela palace, Madrid. It is also popular in Latin America.