Translation of designate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˈdezɪgneɪt/
- 1 (name officially) nombrar, designar they designated me as their spokesman me nombraron portavoz del grupo the area was designated a national park la zona fue declarada parque nacionalExample sentences
- The engineering status will be designated to the school from September.
- We follow the general rules of zebrafish nomenclature for designating locus and allele names.
- Perhaps it might increase the awareness of the problem if we were officially to designate a day in the year in testimony to them.
- 2 (call) [formal] designar three points designated A, B, C on the diagram tres puntos designados por A, B, C en el diagrama
- 3 (indicate) [formal] indicar*
adjective/adjetivo/ˈdezɪgneɪt; -nət; ˈdezɪgnət/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.