transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˈdezɪgneɪt/
- 1 (name officially) nombrar, designar they designated me as their spokesman me nombraron portavoz del grupo the area was designated a national park la zona fue declarada parque nacionalMore example sentences
- The engineering status will be designated to the school from September.
- We follow the general rules of zebrafish nomenclature for designating locus and allele names.
- Perhaps it might increase the awareness of the problem if we were officially to designate a day in the year in testimony to them.
- 2 (call) [formal] designar three points designated A, B, C on the diagram tres puntos designados por A, B, C en el diagrama
- 3 (indicate) [formal] indicar*
adjective/adjetivo/ˈdezɪgneɪt; -nət; ˈdezɪgnət/
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.