- diseñador, -dora (m,f) a fashion/furniture designer un diseñador de modas/muebles great designers like Dior los grandes modistas or diseñadores como Dior set/stage designer escenógrafo, -fa (m,f) an industrial/automotive designer un diseñador industrial/de automotores (before n) [clothes/jeans] de diseño exclusivo; [furniture/pen] de diseño she only wears designer labels solo usa ropa muy exclusivaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Fashion designers are asking for similar protection for clothing designs for three years.
- How did the son of a farmer from Aberdeenshire become one of the most fêted fashion designers in the world?
- We are professional graphic designers who have dedicated our lives to design, not politics.
- We were never really respected by the fashion press as a designer label.
- What is the point of expensive designer labels when the only person that gets to see that new outfit is you?
- I think men are much more aware of designer labels and fashion trends than they were even a year ago.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
peronismo is a political movement, known officially as justicialismo, named for the populist politician Colonel Juan Domingo Perón, elected President of Argentina in 1946. An admirer of Italian fascism, Perón claimed always to be a champion of the workers and the poor, the descamisados (shirtless ones), to whom his first wife Eva Duarte (`Evita') became a kind of icon, especially after her death in 1952. Although he instituted some social reforms, Perón's regime proved increasingly repressive and he was ousted by the army in 1955. He returned from exile to become president in 1973, but died in office a year later. The Partido Justicialista has governed Argentina almost continuously since 1989, under Presidents Carlos Menem, Néstor Kirchner, and Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, Néstor Kirchner's widow, who was re-elected President in 2011.