Translation of desirable in Spanish:
- 1.1(property/location)desirable residence for sale1.2 (sexually)se vende residencia de alto standing or de gran categoríaExample sentences1.3 (advisable, worthwhile) it is most desirable that you should attend [formal]
teaching experience is desirablesería muy conveniente que asistiesese valorará experiencia docenteExample sentences
- Roman writers often accused women of wanting to employ a wet nurse only for the sake of maintaining a sexually desirable figure.
- The film's most desirable character uses sex purely to manipulate people and her eyes seem more dead than enticing.
- It features a model with a modest acting resume, and makes her the most desirable woman to have graced the screen in recent years.
- There is, today, a general recognition that price stability is highly desirable from an economic standpoint.
- Other factors, such as the enhanced capital gains exemption and liability concerns, also make incorporation highly desirable.
- An experimental verification of the predictions of the theory would be highly desirable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.