- 1.1 (table) escritorio (masculine), mesa (feminine) de trabajo; (in school) pupitre (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [calendar/lamp] de escritorio, de (sobre)mesa a desk job un trabajo de oficinaMore example sentences1.2 (service counter) mostrador (masculine) cash desk caja (feminine)
More example sentences1.3 [Journalism/Periodismo] sección (feminine) the news/foreign/sports desk la sección de noticias/de noticias internacionales/de información deportiva
- His specialty was making caskets and exquisite pieces of household furniture, including walnut desks and mantel pieces.
- They're worried that they're vulnerable to another attack while officials sit behind desks writing reports.
- He took out the strap and slammed the belt down on the flat surface of the desk for emphasis.
More example sentences1.4 (in orchestra) atril (masculine)
- Having enquired at all car rental information desks at Dublin airport, the answer was alas the same.
- They laughed and hurried sheepishly downstairs, leaving the key on the reception desk in the hotel lobby.
- They walked together with me from the reception desk to the security check area.
More example sentences
- Reuters' global photo desks will move to Singapore, as will its graphics service, currently in Miami.
- Rumors from the media market suggest that panic is rife at several editorial desks.
- The sports desk at the paper's office was a quarter of a very large room; here, it's literally one sports desk.
- We could hardly keep our faces straight and some of the musicians at the back desks laughed behind their music wholeheartedly.
- It will be fine if you plan to scratch away in the back desk of the second violins of an amateur orchestra.
- Intriguingly enough, you didn't try to make a big name for yourself as a cellist but kept your eye on a conducting career from the cello desk.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to