Translation of desk in Spanish:
- 1 (table)(in school) pupitre (masculine)(before noun) (calendar/lamp)a desk job
de (sobre)mesaun trabajo de oficinaExample sentences
- His specialty was making caskets and exquisite pieces of household furniture, including walnut desks and mantel pieces.
- They're worried that they're vulnerable to another attack while officials sit behind desks writing reports.
- He took out the strap and slammed the belt down on the flat surface of the desk for emphasis.
- 2 (service counter) cash deskExample sentences
- Having enquired at all car rental information desks at Dublin airport, the answer was alas the same.
- They laughed and hurried sheepishly downstairs, leaving the key on the reception desk in the hotel lobby.
- They walked together with me from the reception desk to the security check area.
- 3 (Journalism) the news/foreign/sports deskla sección de noticias/de noticias internacionales/de información deportivaExample sentences
- Reuters' global photo desks will move to Singapore, as will its graphics service, currently in Miami.
- Rumors from the media market suggest that panic is rife at several editorial desks.
- The sports desk at the paper's office was a quarter of a very large room; here, it's literally one sports desk.
- 4 (in orchestra)Example sentences
- We could hardly keep our faces straight and some of the musicians at the back desks laughed behind their music wholeheartedly.
- It will be fine if you plan to scratch away in the back desk of the second violins of an amateur orchestra.
- Intriguingly enough, you didn't try to make a big name for yourself as a cellist but kept your eye on a conducting career from the cello desk.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.