Translation of despair in Spanish:
- she was in despairthe children drive me to despairestaba desesperadato be the despair of somebodyhe was the despair of his teacherslos niños me vuelven loca or me sacan de quiciovolvía locos or sacaba de quicio a los maestrosExample sentences
- Finally, never leave the examination hall in despair, however hopeless things may seem.
- As if in pain, as if in despair, everyone felt the sadness and everyone felt fear as well.
- He says every morning he begins his work with hope, and every evening he ends in despair.
- don't despairperder las esperanzasto despairno (te) desesperes¡ánimo!
ofsomething/ -ingshe despaired of ever seeing her family againto despairperdió las esperanzas de volver a ver a su familia ofsomebodythe doctors had despaired of herhonestly, I despair of you!los médicos habían perdido las esperanzas de salvarla¡francamente, eres un caso perdido!Example sentences
- Others were simply despairing, sighing that it had lost its magic, that it had sold its soul to charter flights and overdevelopment.
- He was far too young to die and I despaired that I was his only hope.
- Some are hopeful, some are despairing and some are poignant.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.