Translation of despair in Spanish:
- she was in despairestaba desesperadathe children drive me to despairlos niños me vuelven loca or me sacan de quicioto be the despair of somebodyhe was the despair of his teachersvolvía locos or sacaba de quicio a los maestrosExample sentences
- Finally, never leave the examination hall in despair, however hopeless things may seem.
- As if in pain, as if in despair, everyone felt the sadness and everyone felt fear as well.
- He says every morning he begins his work with hope, and every evening he ends in despair.
- perder las esperanzasdon't despair
desesperarno (te) desesperesto despair
ofsomething/ -ingshe despaired of ever seeing her family againperdió las esperanzas de volver a ver a su familiato despair ofsomebodythe doctors had despaired of herlos médicos habían perdido las esperanzas de salvarlahonestly, I despair of you!¡francamente, eres un caso perdido!Example sentences
- Others were simply despairing, sighing that it had lost its magic, that it had sold its soul to charter flights and overdevelopment.
- He was far too young to die and I despaired that I was his only hope.
- Some are hopeful, some are despairing and some are poignant.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.