Translation of destined in Spanish:
- 1 (fated)to be destined to +
infinitiveestar (pre)destinadothey were destined to meet again a+ infinitiveestaban (pre)destinados a volverse a encontrarthe project was destined never to get off the ground
estaba escrito que se volverían a encontrarel proyecto estaba condenado a quedar en agua de borrajasit was destined to failestaba condenado al fracasoExample sentences
- They were destined, I am sure, to be eaten in the hotels around the Islands.
- But extreme in loco parentis protection of legal adults from their own stupid decisions is a sick and dangerous idea, and one that's destined not just to fail but to backfire.
- Then it was a bitterly divided, gurning sort of town, uncertain about its cultural future, destined apparently to cede ground to the self-confidently expanding Glasgow, City of Culture 1990.
- 2 2.1 (intended) food destined for distribution to the refugeesalimentos destinados a ser distribuidos entre los refugiadosExample sentences2.2 (bound, on way)
con destinocargo destined for the West Indiescarga con destino al Caribe
- He may well intend a decent slice of the cash destined for Anfield to be drawn, shamelessly, from public funds.
- While the goal-bound effort took a deflection it was always destined for the back of the net.
- A member of staff confirmed that any bags of tin cans left anywhere other than in the skip would be destined for landfill.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.