Translation of destitute in Spanish:
- 1 (very poor)(person/family)she was left destitute
indigentequedó en la indigencia or miseriaExample sentences
- How does Dr. Singh give 400 million of the poor and the destitute a stake in Indian democracy?
- Old age homes are necessary, but essentially for the destitute and the poor.
- He lived the high life as a London yuppie and threw it all away to work with the poor and destitute in Liverpool slums.
- 2 (devoid) [formal]to be destitute
ofsomethingcarecer dealgo [formal]Example sentences
- The transition from any value system to a new one must pass through that zero point of atomic dissolution, must take its way through a generation, destitute of any connection, with either the old or the new system.
- How parliaments make swine and vermin of men, who are destitute of morals and devoid of human attributes, is no more in the realm of magic, neither in that of magic realism.
- He thought their clothes ugly, ‘destitute of taste, destitute of grace, repulsive as a shroud’ and preferred aloud the simple, colorful and more natural native garb.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.