- 1 1.1 [city/building/forest] destruir*; [book/document/evidence] destruir*More example sentences1.2 (undermine, ruin) [reputation/confidence/friendship] acabar con; [life] arruinar, destrozar*
More example sentences1.3 [animal] sacrificar* [euphemistic/eufemístico]
- Attack operations can also contribute to preventing future attacks by destroying launchers after firing but before reuse.
- Mr Browne said if a plantation is destroyed or damaged by fire, the incident should be reported to the nearest Garda station and to the Forest Service.
- Mr Roebuck said the latest car fire had destroyed one vehicle and damaged two others parked near to it.
More example sentences1.4 (annihilate) [army/population] aniquilar
- Not content to destroy us emotionally, physically and spiritually, they also had to take us down calligraphically too.
- Prostitution is a system of slavery that emotionally, spiritually and physically destroys women and girls.
- Hugo's deep-seated jealousy of O drives him to set in motion a plan to destroy him by ruining his relationship with Desi.
- The spirit of the Whitehall farce is demonstrated in an incident ten days ago when a Cumbrian farmer was about to witness eight slaughtermen start to destroy his sheep flock.
- She took the dog and had it destroyed by the Humane Society.
- The government announced last week that it planned to destroy all sheep and pigs within three kilometers of any confirmed outbreak in those areas.
- 2 [colloquial/familiar] 2.1 (defeat utterly) [person/team/opposition] aplastar, darle* una paliza a [colloquial/familiar] 2.2 (disappoint) (American English/inglés norteamericano) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) decepcionar I was destroyed when I heard me llevé una gran decepción cuando me enteréMore example sentences
- And that is ‘to chase the enemy to the ends of the earth and utterly destroy him’.
- War, its violence previously contained within law, spilled out to an attempt to utterly destroy the enemy.
- No matter how many times the CPU seemingly cheated, or a friend managed to utterly destroy me using a lameass starter deck, I kept putting the game back in.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.