Translation of destroy in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 [city/building/forest] destruir*; [book/document/evidence] destruir*Example sentences1.2 (undermine, ruin) [reputation/confidence/friendship] acabar con; [life] arruinar, destrozar*
Example sentences1.3 [animal] sacrificar* [euphemistic/eufemístico]
- Attack operations can also contribute to preventing future attacks by destroying launchers after firing but before reuse.
- Mr Browne said if a plantation is destroyed or damaged by fire, the incident should be reported to the nearest Garda station and to the Forest Service.
- Mr Roebuck said the latest car fire had destroyed one vehicle and damaged two others parked near to it.
Example sentences1.4 (annihilate) [army/population] aniquilar
- Not content to destroy us emotionally, physically and spiritually, they also had to take us down calligraphically too.
- Prostitution is a system of slavery that emotionally, spiritually and physically destroys women and girls.
- Hugo's deep-seated jealousy of O drives him to set in motion a plan to destroy him by ruining his relationship with Desi.
- The spirit of the Whitehall farce is demonstrated in an incident ten days ago when a Cumbrian farmer was about to witness eight slaughtermen start to destroy his sheep flock.
- She took the dog and had it destroyed by the Humane Society.
- The government announced last week that it planned to destroy all sheep and pigs within three kilometers of any confirmed outbreak in those areas.
- 2 [colloquial/familiar] 2.1 (defeat utterly) [person/team/opposition] aplastar, darle* una paliza a [colloquial/familiar] 2.2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) (disappoint) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) decepcionar I was destroyed when I heard me llevé una gran decepción cuando me enteréExample sentences
- And that is ‘to chase the enemy to the ends of the earth and utterly destroy him’.
- War, its violence previously contained within law, spilled out to an attempt to utterly destroy the enemy.
- No matter how many times the CPU seemingly cheated, or a friend managed to utterly destroy me using a lameass starter deck, I kept putting the game back in.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.