Translation of detach in Spanish:
- 1.1 (separate)(unstick)to detach something (
fromsomething)the headrest can be detachedel apoyacabezas se puede desmontar or quitarthey became detached from the main groupse separaron del grupo principalto detach oneself from somethingdistanciarse de algoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (assign) (Military)
- After her brief romance with Dudley, Elizabeth sought to detach her emotions from political considerations.
- It would set the strategic direction of the NHS and is designed to detach the service from political interference.
- Hall, who last featured for City on February 5, has now had the pot removed and stitches taken out after surgery detached a troublesome tendon in his heel.
- After his sudden death, it was found that a blood clot had detached itself from inside his knee and found its way into his lungs.
- In Tibet, there is a separate designation for those who can detach themselves from their physical bodies.
- The woman, in a wistful reverie, holds her hand round the cup while she waits for the tea to cool, relishing the warm china and the aromatic steam, which she watches as it detaches itself from the brim of the cup.
- The square was then modified so that an element could be detached, marched to be adjacent to the enemy, and the enemy flanked.
- While in France, the 442nd was detached from the 34th Division and attached to the 36th Division of the Seventh Army.
- Yamamoto's Midway Force had also detached a powerful Aleutian Screening Force to act as distant cover for Kakuta but this was withdrawn when the battle off Midway failed to go Yamamoto's way.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.