- 1 u (aloofness) distancia (f), indiferencia (f); (objectivity) objetividad (f), imparcialidad (f) he watched the execution of the prisoners with detachment presenció impasible la ejecución de los prisionerosMore example sentences
- I wish I could approach this with the cool detachment that I view the new series of Enterprise, or the next episode of Desperate Housewives.
- The intellectual's obligation to detachment and objectivity is never lost sight of.
- While watching ‘The Passion’ I felt a sense of detachment even as I was being emotionally pummeled by the images on the screen.
- 2 u (act of detaching) [formal] desprendimiento (m)More example sentences
- Retinal detachment (separation of the retina from the pigment epithelium behind it) is a rarer cause of blindness.
- A second form of retinal detachment may develop when new blood vessels grow on the surface of the retina.
- The implications of this idea extend beyond vascular disease to other matrix remodeling and detachment processes such as cancer.
- 3 c [Mil] destacamento (m)More example sentences
- The four Kidd-class destroyers will become the flag ships of separate detachments of the task force,’ he said.
- U.S. Central Command sent a detachment of the Army's 3rd Infantry Division to control the facility's gate.
- The Japanese garrison, which included two infantry battalions and naval detachments, resisted tenaciously and the islands were not declared secure until 18 May.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...