transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 [addict/alcoholic] desintoxicar*More example sentences1.2 [substance/material] eliminar la toxicidad de
More example sentences
- Approximately ten to 15 patients a month chose to detoxify from heroin addiction exclusively by means of acupuncture.
- Alcohol is frequently used by GHB abusers in an attempt to detoxify themselves from GHB; in the case of BD, alcohol may actually exacerbate and extend BD's toxic effects.
- Most ambulatory patients with alcohol dependence can be detoxified quickly and safely without the use of psychoactive drugs.
- The body has developed various mechanisms to detoxify the toxic substances.
- This discovery bears tremendous significance for the bioremediation industry, as it is the first bacterium isolated that can detoxify vinyl chloride outside of laboratory conditions.
- As for why the borer is able to withstand caffeine's toxic effects, there are some yeasts that detoxify chemicals, creating an edible food source for insects.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.