Translation of detoxify in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 [addict/alcoholic] desintoxicar*Example sentences1.2 [substance/material] eliminar la toxicidad de
- Approximately ten to 15 patients a month chose to detoxify from heroin addiction exclusively by means of acupuncture.
- Alcohol is frequently used by GHB abusers in an attempt to detoxify themselves from GHB; in the case of BD, alcohol may actually exacerbate and extend BD's toxic effects.
- Most ambulatory patients with alcohol dependence can be detoxified quickly and safely without the use of psychoactive drugs.
- The body has developed various mechanisms to detoxify the toxic substances.
- This discovery bears tremendous significance for the bioremediation industry, as it is the first bacterium isolated that can detoxify vinyl chloride outside of laboratory conditions.
- As for why the borer is able to withstand caffeine's toxic effects, there are some yeasts that detoxify chemicals, creating an edible food source for insects.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the