vt (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 [addict/alcoholic] desintoxicar*More example sentences1.2 [substance/material] eliminar la toxicidad de
More example sentences
- Approximately ten to 15 patients a month chose to detoxify from heroin addiction exclusively by means of acupuncture.
- Alcohol is frequently used by GHB abusers in an attempt to detoxify themselves from GHB; in the case of BD, alcohol may actually exacerbate and extend BD's toxic effects.
- Most ambulatory patients with alcohol dependence can be detoxified quickly and safely without the use of psychoactive drugs.
- The body has developed various mechanisms to detoxify the toxic substances.
- This discovery bears tremendous significance for the bioremediation industry, as it is the first bacterium isolated that can detoxify vinyl chloride outside of laboratory conditions.
- As for why the borer is able to withstand caffeine's toxic effects, there are some yeasts that detoxify chemicals, creating an edible food source for insects.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.