noun/nombreu and c
- 1 (in tennis) deuce (masculine), cuarenta (masculine plural) igualesMore example sentences
- Federer was in the sort of form which took him to the Wimbledon title this year, with Blake staving off an amazing 19 out of 20 break-point opportunities, and surviving 10 deuces in one service game.
- They had a match point in the semi-final against the Cantrells, but Burdett served a double fault on the sudden-death second deuce in which this point is decisive under the rules of the competition designed to prevent drawn-out matches.
- I believe that happens during a deuce when the server has just won a point, and if he or she wins the next point the game is theirs.
- 2 [Games/Juegos] dos (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- The deuce of each suit is called the sow (die Sau).
- The dealer gave her a deuce and she jumped from fifth place to second place and earned $22,000 in doing so.
- Let's say everybody is dealt a bunch of small cards and the dealer has a deuce up.
- My double-down blackjack bets drew deuces, the ball avoided my numbers in roulette like it owed them money, and if a player needed a card to beat me, then by God, that card was gonna come.
- If he should now throw 2 deuces for a total of 5, the player then throws all five dice for the third throw.