- 1 1.1 (improve) desarrollar; (perfect) perfeccionar; (foster) fomentar, promover*More example sentences
More example sentences
- Eventually as the tree matures, it will develop into a fine spreading type.
- But how many have developed into mature teachers of the type described above?
- The lads responded and a motley crew matured and developed into a squad to be proud of.
More example sentences1.2 (elaborate) [theory/plan] desarrollar, elaborar; [idea] desarrollar
- I cannot help but wonder why even as the country developed economically, the peasants are not receiving any benefits?
- Any effort to help poor countries develop should start by making them aware of the importance of trade and integration.
- As poorer countries develop and stabilise, our security will improve and our own economy grow through increased trading opportunities.
More example sentences
- The AA said the award reflects the hotel group's ‘outstanding commitment to improving and developing their hotels’.
- Work is underway at this stage on improving and developing facilities at Ballyduff GAA grounds, Kildermody.
- Such interest has seen many hotel chains develop their facilities.
More example sentences1.3 (exploit) [resources] explotar; [land/area] urbanizar*
- It is not shaped and limited by words and it gives Menotti a chance to develop his musical themes instead of just moving from one to another.
- A lengthy Allegro moderato develops the themes rather well although one cannot claim that we are re-discovering a masterpiece.
- Maid Of Gold and Things Told only reinforce the atmospheric canvas of this album, simply developing the melodies and soundscapes to reassess their compositions.
More example sentences1.4 (expand) [business/range] ampliar*
- For some patients, the experience of developing a chronic illness may mean they are unable to function in the role that their doctor expects.
- The urge develops because past pleasurable experience and related benefits from the substance or activity are expected to reoccur on the next occasion.
- After that he began to develop an interest in cosmetics.
- Richmond council's plans to develop land in and around Crane Valley has been left in shreds by the government inspector.
- The public of Bradford need to know the true facts regarding plans to develop the land at West Bowling Golf Club.
- Locally, he was involved in the Walton Green Inquiry, organising an appeal against a council decision to develop the land in the area.
- 3 (acquire) [immunity/resistance] desarrollar; [disease] contraer* [formal] he developed other symptoms empezó a presentar otros síntomas the prototype developed several faults surgieron varios problemas con el prototipo he's developed a taste for gin le ha tomado or (especially Spain/especialmente España) cogido el gusto a la ginebra she developed an appreciation of classical music empezó a apreciar la música clásica
- 4 [Photography/Fotografía] [photograph/film] revelarMore example sentences
- They have interviewed a woman from the audience of the BBC1 programme Question Time who claimed to have seen the images while developing a film at a photographic laboratory.
- Once an exposure is made the paper or film is developed to produce an image.
- Images of film that has been developed are captured by image sensing.
- 1 1.1 (grow) [person/body] desarrollarse; [industry] desarrollarse; [interest] crecer*, aumentar 1.2 (evolve) to develop
intosth convertirse* or transformarse enalgo their friendship developed into love su amistad se convirtió or se transformó en amor to develop fromsth evolucionar a partir dealgo 1.3 [nation/region] desarrollarse, progresar 1.4 (unfold) [plot/novel] desarrollarse
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.