Translation of develop in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (improve)(perfect) perfeccionarExample sentences1.2 (elaborate)
- Eventually as the tree matures, it will develop into a fine spreading type.
- But how many have developed into mature teachers of the type described above?
- The lads responded and a motley crew matured and developed into a squad to be proud of.
desarrollarExample sentences1.3 (exploit)
- It is not shaped and limited by words and it gives Menotti a chance to develop his musical themes instead of just moving from one to another.
- A lengthy Allegro moderato develops the themes rather well although one cannot claim that we are re-discovering a masterpiece.
- Maid Of Gold and Things Told only reinforce the atmospheric canvas of this album, simply developing the melodies and soundscapes to reassess their compositions.
urbanizarExample sentences1.4 (expand)
- Richmond council's plans to develop land in and around Crane Valley has been left in shreds by the government inspector.
- The public of Bradford need to know the true facts regarding plans to develop the land at West Bowling Golf Club.
- Locally, he was involved in the Walton Green Inquiry, organising an appeal against a council decision to develop the land in the area.
- 3 (acquire)(immunity/resistance)
desarrollar(disease)he developed other symptoms
contraer [formal]empezó a presentar otros síntomasthe prototype developed several faultssurgieron varios problemas con el prototipohe's developed a taste for ginle ha tomado or (esp Spain) cogido el gusto a la ginebrashe developed an appreciation of classical musicempezó a apreciar la música clásicaExample sentences
- For some patients, the experience of developing a chronic illness may mean they are unable to function in the role that their doctor expects.
- The urge develops because past pleasurable experience and related benefits from the substance or activity are expected to reoccur on the next occasion.
- After that he began to develop an interest in cosmetics.
- 4 (Photography)(photograph/film)
- They have interviewed a woman from the audience of the BBC1 programme Question Time who claimed to have seen the images while developing a film at a photographic laboratory.
- Once an exposure is made the paper or film is developed to produce an image.
- Images of film that has been developed are captured by image sensing.
- 1 1.1 (grow)(person/body)
desarrollarse(industry)1.2 (evolve)to develop
intosomethingconvertirse or transformarsetheir friendship developed into love enalgosu amistad se convirtió or se transformó en amorto develop fromsomethingevolucionar1.3 a partir dealgo(nation/region)1.4 (unfold)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.