Translation of develop in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (improve)(perfect)Example sentences1.2 (elaborate)
(idea)Example sentences1.3 (exploit)
- Eventually as the tree matures, it will develop into a fine spreading type.
- But how many have developed into mature teachers of the type described above?
- The lads responded and a motley crew matured and developed into a squad to be proud of.
(resources)(land/area)Example sentences1.4 (expand)
- It is not shaped and limited by words and it gives Menotti a chance to develop his musical themes instead of just moving from one to another.
- A lengthy Allegro moderato develops the themes rather well although one cannot claim that we are re-discovering a masterpiece.
- Maid Of Gold and Things Told only reinforce the atmospheric canvas of this album, simply developing the melodies and soundscapes to reassess their compositions.
- Richmond council's plans to develop land in and around Crane Valley has been left in shreds by the government inspector.
- The public of Bradford need to know the true facts regarding plans to develop the land at West Bowling Golf Club.
- Locally, he was involved in the Walton Green Inquiry, organising an appeal against a council decision to develop the land in the area.
- 3 (acquire)(immunity/resistance)(disease)he developed other symptomsthe prototype developed several faultsempezó a presentar otros síntomashe's developed a taste for ginsurgieron varios problemas con el prototiposhe developed an appreciation of classical musicle ha tomado or (especially Spain) cogido el gusto a la ginebraempezó a apreciar la música clásicaExample sentences
- For some patients, the experience of developing a chronic illness may mean they are unable to function in the role that their doctor expects.
- The urge develops because past pleasurable experience and related benefits from the substance or activity are expected to reoccur on the next occasion.
- After that he began to develop an interest in cosmetics.
- 4 (Photography)(photograph/film)Example sentences
- They have interviewed a woman from the audience of the BBC1 programme Question Time who claimed to have seen the images while developing a film at a photographic laboratory.
- Once an exposure is made the paper or film is developed to produce an image.
- Images of film that has been developed are captured by image sensing.
- 1 1.1 (grow)(person/body)desarrollarse(industry)1.2 (evolve) See examples:to developdesarrollarse
intosomethingtheir friendship developed into loveconvertirse or transformarse enalgoto developsu amistad se convirtió or se transformó en amor fromsomething1.3evolucionar a partir dealgo(nation/region)1.4 (unfold)desarrollarse(plot/novel)desarrollarse
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.