- 1 (gadget, tool) artefacto (masculine), dispositivo (masculine), aparato (masculine); (mechanism) dispositivo (masculine), mecanismo (masculine) explosive device artefacto (masculine) explosivo nuclear device arma (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) nuclearMore example sentences
- The aim of nanotechnology is to manipulate molecules atom by atom, treating them like mechanical devices with gears, wheels, levers, hooks, pivots, locks and keys.
- Such articles include electronic devices, dust handling equipment and notebook computer enclosures.
- Radioactivity cannot be felt, smelled, seen, or heard directly and is detectable only with the aid of mechanical or electronic devices.
- 2 (stratagem) recurso (masculine), estratagema (feminine) a rhetorical device un recurso retórico to leave sb to her/his own devices dejar que algn se las arregle solo, abandonar a algn a sus propios recursosMore example sentences
- In the absence of other methods and devices, an Australian Bill of Rights may have been useful.
- Anarchists don't salute anyone and they wouldn't think to use it as a mnemonic device, but their method is the same.
- Doris and Nana appear out of nowhere and act as little more than clumsy devices to move the plot along and reveal the truth behind mysteries set up elsewhere.
- 3 (in heraldry) emblema (masculine)More example sentences
- If a hallmark on a spoon is so worn you can't make it out, which side bears the heraldic device could give a clue to its date.
- He chose the Corbinian Bear as an heraldic device for his papal coat of arms.
- In elite society, aristocratic funerary sculpture quickly replaced religious imagery with heraldic and symbolic devices.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.