Translation of device in Spanish:
- 1 (gadget, tool) explosive devicenuclear deviceartefacto (masculine) explosivoExample sentences
- The aim of nanotechnology is to manipulate molecules atom by atom, treating them like mechanical devices with gears, wheels, levers, hooks, pivots, locks and keys.
- Such articles include electronic devices, dust handling equipment and notebook computer enclosures.
- Radioactivity cannot be felt, smelled, seen, or heard directly and is detectable only with the aid of mechanical or electronic devices.
- 2 (stratagem) a rhetorical deviceto leave somebody to her/his own devicesun recurso retóricodejar que alguien se las arregle soloabandonar a alguien a sus propios recursosExample sentences
- In the absence of other methods and devices, an Australian Bill of Rights may have been useful.
- Anarchists don't salute anyone and they wouldn't think to use it as a mnemonic device, but their method is the same.
- Doris and Nana appear out of nowhere and act as little more than clumsy devices to move the plot along and reveal the truth behind mysteries set up elsewhere.
- 3 (in heraldry)Example sentences
- If a hallmark on a spoon is so worn you can't make it out, which side bears the heraldic device could give a clue to its date.
- He chose the Corbinian Bear as an heraldic device for his papal coat of arms.
- In elite society, aristocratic funerary sculpture quickly replaced religious imagery with heraldic and symbolic devices.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.