Translation of devious in Spanish:
- 1.1 (underhand) [person] taimado, artero, zorro [colloquial/familiar] by devious means con artimañas, con tejemanejesExample sentences1.2 (roundabout) [route/path] tortuoso, sinuoso
- It can only be the devious and underhand tactic of incorporating it in 90% of the world's web browsers.
- The Nazis saw the Jews and Poles as feminine races, achieving their goals through devious plots rather than masculine openness.
- That is the sort of devious, dodgy tactic this Government gets up to.
- What is difficult about maneuver is to make the devious route the most direct and to turn misfortune to advantage.
- The Scire made her way by a devious route to Port Lago on the Italian-occupied island of Leros in the Aegean to rendezvous with the frogmen crews.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.