Translation of devise in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (invent) [plan/method/system] idear, crear, concebir*; [machine/tool] inventar it's a gadget of his own devising es un aparato que él mismo inventóExample sentences
- Another system that devises methods to avoid errors is user-centered design.
- The sheer scale of the plans devised by this team required the support of thousands of service personnel and civilians.
- Third, it provides an opportunity for effective user involvement, as the patients assist in devising their own care plan.
- 2 (bequeath) [Law/Derecho] to devise sth
tosb legar* algo aalgnExample sentences
- All the residue of my estate, including real and personal property, I give, devise, and bequeath to Earlham College.
- All persons of sound mind are competent to bequeath and devise real and personal estate, excepting infants and married women.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.