Translation of devotee in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Religion/Religión] devoto, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (fan) adepto, (masculine, feminine), partidario, (masculine, feminine)
- The common devotee should ascertain the sadhu's level of knowledge and devotion, and who is his guru and lineage.
- She was a devotee of the new religion of ‘Konkokyo’ which worshiped a folk god named Konjin.
- Following the instructions, devotees recovered the Deity and returned it to the temple.
- It was only later, after going solo, that he went all interesting, becoming a devotee of prehistoric Britain.
- What is it about tai chi that makes its devotees want to freak people out by always doing it in public?
- She becomes a devotee of death, addicted to the most shuddery of Grimms' fairy tales and a book for the terminally ill called A Hundred Ways to Die.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.