Translation of devotion in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (love) devoción (feminine); (loyalty) lealtad (feminine)devotion
tosb/sth they showed great devotion to their king demostraron gran devoción por/lealtad a su rey her devotion to the cause su dedicación or entrega a la causaExample sentences
- I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle.
- Her earnest belief in devotion to duty and her command of French bring her an offer to join the intelligence service.
- Mom gave her unconditional love and devotion to each and every one of her children.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (of money, time, space) dedicación (feminine)
- 3 countable/numerable [Religion/Religión] oración (feminine), rezo (masculine) to be at one's devotions estar* rezandoExample sentences
- The clear implication here is that yoga can be a form of devotion, or worship.
- He is one of the most popular objects of devotion and reverence in east Asian Buddhism.
- In some cases, these ideas evolve into a symbolically charged moment of private religious devotion.
- The image or icon of worship is a focus for our prayers and devotions.
- I quote an account of a compilation of ‘Celtic’ prayers and devotions, published in 1994.
- Personal devotions, meditations or prayer may refresh introverts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.