Translation of devour in Spanish:
- 1.1 (eat) she devoured the bookdevoró el librohe devoured her with his eyesla devoraba con los ojosExample sentences1.2 (destroy) [literary]
Example sentences1.3 (torment) (usually passive) I was devoured by curiosity
- As we settled down to supper, devouring the food hungrily, the front door slammed open.
- We welcomed the range of foreign foods on offer, devouring pizza, curry and Thai greedily.
- Nietzsche illustrates the dynamics of the strong valuation with an infamous image of birds of prey devouring defenseless lambs.
me devoraba la curiosidadhe was devoured by jealousylo consumían los celosExample sentences
- Leaning over, she scatters the remains of the card into the fireplace, watching the flames devour it and leave behind only ashes.
- In less than half an hour, the flames devoured four buildings.
- She hit the Platters rocks, close to the shore just west of the suspension bridge, and a fire devoured what remained above the water.
- Fearing I would soon be totally devoured, I broke away from a pash for the second time in the space of about half an hour - surely a new record.
- Then give yourself permission to stop worrying about things you can't control, so you won't be devoured by fear.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.