- 1.1 (eat) devorar she devoured the book devoró el libro he devoured her with his eyes la devoraba con los ojosMore example sentences1.2 (destroy) [literario/literary] devorar [literario/literary], destruir*
More example sentences1.3 (torment) (usu pass) devorar I was devoured by curiosity me devoraba la curiosidad he was devoured by jealousy lo consumían los celos
- As we settled down to supper, devouring the food hungrily, the front door slammed open.
- We welcomed the range of foreign foods on offer, devouring pizza, curry and Thai greedily.
- Nietzsche illustrates the dynamics of the strong valuation with an infamous image of birds of prey devouring defenseless lambs.
More example sentences
- Leaning over, she scatters the remains of the card into the fireplace, watching the flames devour it and leave behind only ashes.
- In less than half an hour, the flames devoured four buildings.
- She hit the Platters rocks, close to the shore just west of the suspension bridge, and a fire devoured what remained above the water.
- Fearing I would soon be totally devoured, I broke away from a pash for the second time in the space of about half an hour - surely a new record.
- Then give yourself permission to stop worrying about things you can't control, so you won't be devoured by fear.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.