Translation of devout in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Religion/Religión] devoto, piadoso she is very devout es muy devota or piadosa she is a devout Catholic es muy católicaExample sentences1.2 (earnest) [formal] (before noun/delante del nombre) [supporter] ferviente it is my devout wish that … es mi más sincero deseo que …
- The kirpan has deep religious significance to devout Sikhs and is not a weapon.
- So we have an enormous amount of evidence of widespread religious behaviour and of devout behaviour as well.
- When I was brought back to faith it was through the prayers of my devout mother.
- Few espouse political ideologies of any sort, since devout beliefs can impede one's effectiveness as a peacekeeper.
- Here's a sort of companion post to the previous one, in being about some of the things said and done in the name of devout belief.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an