Translation of devout in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Religion) she is very devoutshe is a devout Catholices muy devota or piadosaes muy católicaExample sentences1.2 (earnest) [formal] (before noun)
(supporter)it is my devout wish that …es mi más sincero deseo que …Example sentences
- The kirpan has deep religious significance to devout Sikhs and is not a weapon.
- So we have an enormous amount of evidence of widespread religious behaviour and of devout behaviour as well.
- When I was brought back to faith it was through the prayers of my devout mother.
- Few espouse political ideologies of any sort, since devout beliefs can impede one's effectiveness as a peacekeeper.
- Here's a sort of companion post to the previous one, in being about some of the things said and done in the name of devout belief.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.