- 1.1 [Religion/Religión] devoto, piadoso she is very devout es muy devota or piadosa she is a devout Catholic es muy católicaMore example sentences1.2 (earnest) [formal] (before noun/delante del nombre) [supporter] ferviente it is my devout wish that … es mi más sincero deseo que …
More example sentences
- The kirpan has deep religious significance to devout Sikhs and is not a weapon.
- So we have an enormous amount of evidence of widespread religious behaviour and of devout behaviour as well.
- When I was brought back to faith it was through the prayers of my devout mother.
- Few espouse political ideologies of any sort, since devout beliefs can impede one's effectiveness as a peacekeeper.
- Here's a sort of companion post to the previous one, in being about some of the things said and done in the name of devout belief.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...