Translation of devout in Spanish:
- 1 (Religion) she is very devoutes muy devota or piadosashe is a devout Catholices muy católicaExample sentences
- The kirpan has deep religious significance to devout Sikhs and is not a weapon.
- So we have an enormous amount of evidence of widespread religious behaviour and of devout behaviour as well.
- When I was brought back to faith it was through the prayers of my devout mother.
- 2 (earnest) [formal] (before noun)(supporter)it is my devout wish that …
fervientees mi más sincero deseo que …Example sentences
- Few espouse political ideologies of any sort, since devout beliefs can impede one's effectiveness as a peacekeeper.
- Here's a sort of companion post to the previous one, in being about some of the things said and done in the name of devout belief.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.