- 1.1 [Religion/Religión] devoto, piadoso she is very devout es muy devota or piadosa she is a devout Catholic es muy católicaMore example sentences1.2 (earnest) [formal] (before noun/delante del nombre) [supporter] ferviente it is my devout wish that … es mi más sincero deseo que …
More example sentences
- The kirpan has deep religious significance to devout Sikhs and is not a weapon.
- So we have an enormous amount of evidence of widespread religious behaviour and of devout behaviour as well.
- When I was brought back to faith it was through the prayers of my devout mother.
- Few espouse political ideologies of any sort, since devout beliefs can impede one's effectiveness as a peacekeeper.
- Here's a sort of companion post to the previous one, in being about some of the things said and done in the name of devout belief.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...