Translation of diagnose in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] [illness] diagnosticar* the doctor diagnosed her as epileptic el médico le diagnosticó epilepsia I was wrongly diagnosed no acertaron or se equivocaron con el diagnósticoExample sentences1.2 [cause/fault] determinar, establecer*
- Would this woman have been given such advice if her unborn child was not diagnosed as having the condition?
- Pollyanna was just six weeks old when she was diagnosed as having the condition.
- George was diagnosed with the potentially deadly condition days after his second birthday.
- Doctors usually diagnose the disease after studying the symptoms, and excluding other possible causes.
- The surgeon diagnoses the problem by barium enema or a colonoscopy and schedules surgery.
- Generally speaking, a team that includes both a speech therapist and surgeon working together best diagnoses these problems.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.