- [line] diagonal; [path] en diagonalMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Draw two diagonal lines dividing the square and the rectangle into triangles.
- One option is to draw a diagonal line between two opposite points to represent movement between here and there.
- The design was very nice, with diagonal lines forming a grid, each square filled with a snapshot of the movie in rich, warm tones.
- The film, with the exception of one shot, is composed of precisely two camera angles: a diagonal shot from the dashboard towards the passenger seat, and another, similar shot towards the driver seat.
- Pencil-thin diagonal blues and greens angle across the surface like tracer-bullet tracks streaking across a movie screen.
- Score the squid by holding the knife at an angle and making diagonal cuts, taking care not to cut right through.
- diagonal (feminine) a skirt cut on the diagonal una falda cortada al bies or al sesgo
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.